If it seems like the Postwire plugin has disappeared and you are having difficulties re-installing it, check to see if the plugin is disabled. Here's how.
You will need to extrapolate these instructions for the particular version of Outlook you are using, but the basic steps for checking the plugin in the Trust Center are similar across all versions. For Outlook 2007:
- From the menu bar, select Tools -> Trust Center.
- Click on the Add-Ins tab.
- Check if the Postwire plugin is in the Inactive or Disabled list (probably in the Disabled list).
- If the Postwire plugin is in the Disabled list, select "Disabled Item" from the drop down (at the bottom of the dialog box).
- Click on the Go… button.
- A dialog box pops up, select the Postwire plugin from the list and click on the Enable button.